Social media is a huge world where connecting, networking, marketing, and more are done by small influencers/businesses to celebrities and large organizations. There are certain ways to increase the reach of your business and increase engagement on social media and one of the ways is to reach through the most used hashtags on social media.
Most of us are unsure of how to use hashtags correctly, and most importantly, why we should even use them. Hashtags are like search engine keywords, except for certain social media platforms like Twitter and Instagram. They represent your SEO strategies for social media, and they contribute to the growth of your reach. To get more exposure or traffic on social media, you need to learn how to get your hashtags to rank. Here are the 7 best tips on hashtag rank tracking and how to correctly use this strategy to grow your business.
- Placing the Hashtags: placing the hashtags in the middle or right of the caption can look a little spammy especially when some of them are frequently used in the posts. If you’re using more than 4 hashtags in the posts then make sure that they are placed below the caption.
- Trending Hashtags: There are many apps and tools available on the search engine that provide trending hashtags that are relevant to your content. There are some apps and tools that provide you with the trending hashtags, you just have to insert the photo or post along with the caption.
- Tracking the Competitors and Social Media Influencers: The right keyword or the hashtags for the audience is best given or shown on your competitor’s or social media influencer’s post. You can observe and analyze the hashtags which they are using in their post. This will help you to keep up with your competitors and you will know how they stay engaged with their audience.
- Separate Your Caption and Hashtags: As mentioned earlier, placing the hashtags in the middle or in the right of your caption will make look spammy. The best place for the hashtags is below the caption. There should be enough space between your captions and hashtags.
- Related Hashtags: Using related hashtags to the content will be more helpful. Also, if you know which hashtags work best for your social media post, business, and brand you can add them. Hashtags related to the niche of your content will make your content reach the right customers.
Hashtags play a vital role in driving traffic to your content and social media engagement strategies. They almost work similarly as the keywords do for SEO. The more relevant hashtags more will be the traffic driven. This is the way you engage with potential customers outside the circle and go beyond the followers’ list.